In 1929, Henry and Elmer Nickle built a Texaco Airplane Filling Station along the Clinton Highway near Knoxville, Tennessee. There is a preservation association that has restored the site at a cost of over $100,000. The building is now occupied by John's Barber Shop, the first tenant in at least 15 years. The barber shop opened on May 7, 2016.

Airplane Filling Station (John's Barber Shop) in Powell, Tennessee

Airplane Filling Station (John's Barber Shop) in Powell, Tennessee